NEWS DIRECTOR – FULL TIME POSITION – AM 1100 WZFG
FLAG FAMILY MEDIA LLC
Are you an experienced radio news pro who’s tired of the corporate circus? Are you a high-energy reporter looking to take that next step of running your own news department? Looking to be part of a family, not just a collection of employees? Then we want to talk to you!
Flag Family Media is looking for an experienced news professional to raise the profile of our radio news operation in our flagship station in Fargo. This is not an entry-level position.
Our News Director will anchor and report weekdays, and be a key on-air member of our morning drive news program. Additional duties include:
· Develop strategy and process for news coverage.
· Act as a field reporter as needed.
· Conduct interviews on-air and off-air with newsmakers and community leaders.
· Respond to breaking news and weather and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
· Lead breaking news coverage as primary on-air anchor.
· Participate in promotional activities including public appearances.
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Edit video clips as assigned.
· Write content for our website and other eMedia platforms.
· Interact with viewers/users on social media sites.
· Work closely with station leadership to ensure internal goals and standards are met.
· Compete with enthusiasm, positive energy, and a total commitment to our Workplace Family.
Competencies: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Documents, Adobe Audition is desirable. Two years of experience in a commercial radio news operation is strongly preferred. Experience in breaking, non-scripted, long form news coverage is preferred. Familiarity with website posting and social media platforms required. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be committed and proactive in a fast-paced environment, an ability to be a team player is essential. Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
What We Offer: Competitive pay, and a collaborative and creative work environment. Tools, resources and coaching to succeed. Recognition and reward for outstanding performance. Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package, Life and Disability package, and paid Vacation & Holidays.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com
Flag Family Media LLC is an equal opportunity employer.